Steve Valenta, project architect with HKS, Inc., was selected to speak at Autodesk University 2011 Conference and Exhibition to be held November 29 – December 1 at the Venetian Hotel in Las Vegas.
Valenta’s 90-minute presentation, “Collaborate with the Extended Integrated Project Delivery (IPD) Team Using Revit Server and Project Bluestreak,” will expound on the following topics:
- How Revit Server and Project Bluestreak will allow you to virtually work side-by-side with partner engineers, architects and contractors on a single model.
- How a real IPD team successfully implemented Revit Server to collaborate remotely on a singlebuilding information model.
- How to set up a site-to-site VPN among Revit servers hosted in different firms.
- How WAN accelerators, like Riverbed appliances, coupled with Revit Server can optimize performance of the BIM across wide geographic distances.
- How to maintain over-the-shoulder-like communication with the extended team using Project Bluestreak.
- How to overcome the issue of who is doing what in the model by using worksets to divide modeling responsibilities.
Valenta, with more than 10 years of experience, is an industry leader in Building Information Modeling technology and has sat on the AIA Large Firm Roundtable’s BIM Implementers Forum. He received a Bachelor of Architecture degree from Texas Tech University.
Autodesk is a world leader in 3D design, engineering and entertainment software. Its Autodesk University offers a year-round learning and networking experience that helps members develop professionally and advance their careers. AU’s flagship event is its annual conference and exhibition in Las Vegas, where design professionals from around the world attend classes, keynotes, product demonstrations, exhibits and networking events.
HKS, Inc. is a leading architectural design firm ranked among the top five architectural and engineering firms, according to Building Design+Construction magazine, and among the top 11 architectural firms, according to BD World Architecture magazine. Since its founding in 1939, HKS has completed construction projects totaling more than $69 billion in more than 1,069 cities located in 46 states, the District of Columbia and 65 foreign countries. The firm operates from 23 offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.hksinc.com.